Thursday 30 January 2014

Painting nails

As part of my day zero project, I am going to try and keep my nails painted for a month.
I don't know why, but when I have my nails nicely painted, it always makes me feel cheerful!

When I was younger, I was obsessed with painting my nails and wearing rings ( I kind of skipped makeup and hair, but I figure I still have time to crack those later, heehee!)
Well, being a 'semi-goth' (my clothes were always black, occasionally navy, but I skipped the pale face and dark makeup bit!) I only picked colours to paint my nails that were matching in tone! The obvious black and navy, but my all time favourite colour was a beautiful dark purple called 'Morticia' - very fitting I thought!

For years, I left my love of painting nails behind. I was always too busy with other things, plus I have an amazing ability to chip the colour off in record time, so it seemed a bit of a waste of time and money.

A few years ago, I was given a bottle of nail varnish in a hen-party goody bag and my love was rekindled! Now, really scary for me was the fact that this colour was bright pink - a colour never before associated with me! One day, I just decided 'what the hell' and went for it! I absolutely adored having bright pink nails! Again, I had the chipping problem, but from time to time, I would wear bright pink nails and feel brilliant!

Well, I got some new nail varnish for Christmas, so I decided that I would make the effort to have nice nails for a while.
This will therefore be a log of the colours and my thoughts on them, for the next month (fingers crossed!)

Day 1 - 25th Jan

 

This is the kit of nail varnished I got given for Christmas. It was called 'leather effect' and I thought I would give it a go. I absolutely hated it! It looked like the times when I got loads of air bubbles in the varnish - all bobbly and rough in texture. It also chipped off the very same day - def not for me!

Day 4 - 28th Jan










I decided that I wold have to invest in some new nail varnish if I was ever going to complete this challenge!
I bought some multi-care base+top coat, plus two new colours to try. (all Revlon,)
This is number 240 called 'impulsive' and I love, love, LOVE it!!
I am still wearing it today (30th Jan) and I only just got the first teeny tiny chip this evening! It is lovely! All smooth and shiny, plus the purple colour is gorgeous!
All I can add is that I wish I had invested in a good base+top coat before, as it is def worth using!
Can't wait to see how long this lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments, and will always reply as soon as I can! xxx