Monday 25 July 2011

7 years!

Was a little busy yesterday, making cards and going out on my 'date' with my gorgeous hubby, as yesterday was our 7 year anniversary!
I can't believe that we have been married for 7 years! - No one got the '7 year itch' so that must be a good sign right : )

I adore my hubby - he has been there with me through the best and worst times of my life. he might drive me absolutely nuts sometimes and he really doesn't understand my obsession with bags (thinks I have enough already!) and doesn't really get my need to talk to him when he's trying to sleep! Ok I admit, probably not the most ideal time, but it's the only time of the day when it's just us and I love talking things through! It's also only 2 nights a week, as he's a permanent night worker - so I love those moments of 'pillow talk'. (he is getting better though- heehe!)

I am just so lucky to have him, he's the only 'real' boyfriend I've ever had (I don't count those silly ones before I was 10 years old!!)
He stayed with me even though I was 3 hours away for the most part of my 4 years at Uni (I had already picked uni choices before I got together with him!)
He's been there with me though all the horrible years of depression, when I was not eating, constantly sleeping and this year even suicidal. I think that makes him extra special to me - as he didn't need to stick around, he could of hit the road when things got tough, but he didn't : )

I often feel that I don't deserve him - I can feel like a very bad wife at times! But I am working on this and trying even harder now I am on the mend from this latest depression 'spike'.
I even learned how to make bread today:

my first home-made bread : )
 Wow, feels better to have said all of that!!
Love you so much Dean!!
xxxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Thats lovely! My partner doesn't understand why i want to talk to him when hes falling asleep either! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that it's not just me! Am going to show my hubby this comment!! heehee

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments, and will always reply as soon as I can! xxx