Thursday 29 November 2012

I am sooo proud of my hubby!

Today was a huge achievement for hubby! He finally went to the doctors and asked for some help!
It's not been easy for us the last few years, poor hubby has had to deal with -
moving in with my parents,
me leaving my well paid teaching job, followed by leaving waitress job due to my depression (and pregnancy!)
me being pregnant - am 36 weeks tomorrow, so we are nearly there! However, this has by no means been an easy pregnancy! I've had bleeds, gestational diabetes diagnosed, my depression has been horrendous, I'm exhausted all the time and have sciatica now too!!
our little man, now 3 and gorgeous, but can be extremely hard work, tiring, and has a way of getting on hubby's last nerve, (sometimes deliberately but not always!)
he also hates his job!
I've been trying to talk to him about his temper - he has been loosing it at any tiny little thing lately and occasionally scares me with his over-reaction to what little man has done / is doing that annoys him.
Having had depression myself for 13 years, I think it has helped me to see the early warning signs that he is struggling (and I don't blame him frankly, life's not easy at the moment!) so I've been trying to get him to go and talk to the doctor and get some help, for quite a while now.
Well, today he went and told the doctor that basically everything at the moment is really p***ing him off!! The doctor was brilliant and said he had done an amazing thing in admitting this and coming to get help! He's now on anti-depressants for the next 3 weeks to see how he goes!
I am so so so so so so proud of him for being so brave and getting the help he so needed!
I love him so so so much and am going to be there for him every step of the way!
Just wanted to share with you all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments, and will always reply as soon as I can! xxx